Vegan stir fry with tofu
Vegan Stir-fry With Tofu
PREP TIME: 20 min
COOK TIME: 20 min
• 1 small piece finely grated Ginger, you can also use a teaspoon or two of ginger powder save about 1 tsp for sauce
• 4-5 cloves finely minced Garlic, you can also use garlic powder 2-3tsp save one clove for sauce
• 2 chopped Scallion, use only the green part of the scallion
• 1 medium sized head Broccoli, you can use the heads and the stems
• 1 chopped then diced Summer squash, you can also sub with zucchini
• About a cup Sugar snap peas
• About a cup Red cabbage, you can also sub napa cabbage
• 2-3 peeled then chopped Carrot
• 2tbsp Rice vinegar, for sauce
• 2tbsp Soy sauce, for sauce
• 1/4 cup Vegetable broth, for sauce
• 2-3 tbsp Sriracha, for sauce you can use more or less depending on how spicy you want
• 2tsp Red pepper flakes
• Rice noodles or udon noodles
• 1 package teriyaki baked tofu, you can buy at the store already made or get extra firm tofu press it cut into cubes double sauce recipe and marinade for 30 minutes
• 1 package Sliced baby Bella mushrooms
1. First you want to prep all of the ingredients. If you need to make your own tofu you want to start that first so it has time to marinade. To make the tofu open the package of firm tofu and drain the liquid. Then you want to press the tofu by putting it between a towel and placing a heavy pan on top and letting it sit for at least 10 minutes. Once your tofu is pressed start to make your sauce by doubling the ingredients needed for the sauce. In a bowl whisk together the vegetable broth the soy sauce the rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and sriracha. Take the pressed tofu and cut into cubes. Divide half of the sauce between two bowls. Add the cubed tofu to one bowl and let sit for at least 30 minutes. The other bowl of sauce is for your stir-fry.
2. If you don't need to make the tofu and you have pre-made tofu you can skip that step and make the sauce without doubling it.
Wash, peel and chop your vegetables.
3. Then take 1 tablespoon of vegetable broth and heat it in a nonstick wok. When the wok is heated add vegetables.
4. While the vegetables are cooking set a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil to cook your noodles. Cook noodles as directed on package.
5. If you were using pre-made tofu cut it into cubes and add to the vegetables in your wok. If you were using your own tofu just added to the wok.
6. Cook everything until vegetables are tender and the tofu is hot. Once that is done you want to add your sauce and cook for 5 extra minutes until the sauce is thickened and bubbly.
7. Take your stir-fry off the heat and add in your cooked noodles. Serve your stir fry with extra sriracha if desired and toasted sesame seeds.
8. Lastly enjoy!
This recipe follows a vegan/whole food plant-based diet. It also is oil free.